5/28/10

Last Night's Date

I went on my second date with Tom last night. It was pretty tame by comparison to the first one, but I have to admit that I felt a bit silly showing up at his door in my frock. The date was something simple this time. His fraternity was having a pre-Memorial Day barbecue. The house was rather empty with so many students home for summer, but the dozen or so who stayed behind provided food and drink. There are a lot of things you learn about dressing up the more you do it--high heels don't work well with grass. I was told by Karen that wedge heels are the way to go. She was naturally in jeans and sneakers. It was a safe environment, which is important with both Matt and Karen watching us. After dinner, we went for a walk and yes we did hold hands, but basically we made small talk and he also explained his situation with his girlfriend. For now I seem like his summer plus one. I really don't want her to find out about me, but I don't see how she won't.