3/4/12

Sissy Sundays

The last 10 years has really seen a transformation in my behavior, and it's been more pronounced recently.  I suppose that's what happens when you live full time as your wife's "wife."  It's almost a 24/7 thing and every day brings out my femininity, but I think Sundays seem to be the best example.

For starters, weekends are always big sports days.  There seem to be dozens of professional and college sporting events on television, some of them real "big games" in their respective sports.  I used to be what many would call a sports junkie.  I followed our professional and college teams with a religious zeal and would often change my schedule to watch certain games.  Now, the only time I watch them is if Diane wants to see the game or golf match as well.  She decides.  Otherwise, I keep myself busy doing more ladylike things.

Another thing that's changed so much is my shopping habits.  In the times we live in, Sundays are the biggest shopping day of the week.  Many people don't remember the days of "blue laws" and when just about everything was closed on Sundays.  Instead of sitting home in front of the boob tube on Sundays now, I'm often gone shopping with Diane, checking out the latest deals for clothes or items for the home.  I enjoy the fact that she routinely asks me my opinion on clothes she's interested in buying and often suggests things I would look nice in.

Finally, when at home on Sundays, you can usually find me in a dress as opposed to something more casual.  It reminds me of the days when "Sunday best" was something special - just like a 1950's housewife.  I also enjoy getting dressed for a somewhat formal Sunday dinner; something I've prepared while wearing one of my favorite aprons.  While I'm doing that, Diane may be the one enjoying the game on television!